⚠️ CONTEST & EXHIBITION POSTPONED DUE TO CORONA RESTRICTIONS ⚠️
One city -
A thousand cultures
Berlin and its diversity through your lens. A photography contest to illustrate how Berlin is rising agains racism. Organized by Karne Kunst and Beazy.
Photo by Dierk Eichel. Models @bytoto, @dlmn.s, @danimontenk
Karne Kunst is an art initiative based in Berlin with a committed feminist agenda that regularly organizes art exhibitions, workshops, and networking events.
Gat Rooms is a “value-conscious” hotels chain providing high level of essential quality – comfortable beds and cleanliness – centrally located hotels in major cities.
Conditions of Participation
- You can enter the contest if you will be 18 years old or older as of the final day of submission
- You can enter the contest if you have a free user account and share at least one listing (camera, lens, light, flash, filter, backdrop, studio, …) on www.beazy.co.
- The photographs you submit have to be taken in Berlin and its surrounding areas
- You may only submit a photograph if you are the sole creator and copyright owner of this photograph.
- If there’s any individual clearly recognisable on your submitted photo you must be prepared to obtain a release form and provide it to the contest organisers upon request.
How it works
- You may submit up to 5 photographs in total.
- The photos name must include your full name, in format jpeg, png or jpg. Ex: ‘john-doe-submission-1.jpeg’ The maximum size should be 4MB and the resolution should be 300dpi.
- 25 winning photos will be selected, with a maximum possibility of 5 winning photos by participating photographer.
- If your photo is selected as a winning photo, you can chose to submit your own print of your desired size yourself, as well as the frame. Otherwise, Beazy will provide all winners with a 30x40cm print of their photos, with the corresponding frame.
- Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of Karne Kunst and Beazy.
- If you have questions, feel free to contact us at anytime via [email protected]
The public attending the Vernissage will get the chance to vote for their favourite photo. The photo with the most public votes will win the Public Price, a two nights stay with breakfast in GatRooms Hotel in Berlin or Lisbon.
The photo which will get the most jury votes will be announced as the Jury’s Pick photo. The Jury Pick winner will get to 300€ worth of gear rentals on www.beazy.co.
The 25 photos with the most jury votes will be printed and exhibited during three months in the heart of Checkpoint Charlie, in the Gat Point Charlie Hotel thanks to Karne Kunst.
The Jury will be announced when the submissions will be closed.
Submit your photos